Companies Registration Office – CRO
The Companies Registration Office in Ireland operates under the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation.
Main Functions of the Irish Companies Registration Office
- Incorporation of companies
- Registration of business names
- Registration of company post-incorporation documents
- Registration of changes in business name particulars
- Enforcement, prosecution and striking companies off the register
We file all applications for new companies allowing for companies to be incorporated and registered with the CRO within days of our receipt of the signed incorporation documents.
The constitution document we submit to the CRO is pre-approved and only the following changes can be made for each company:
- Name of the Company
- Shareholders and their shareholding
- Authorised Share Capital
Once incorporated the constitution document can be changed by way of a special resolution after incorporation.
The principal activity must match the NACE code set out in the online application form A1.
We offer the following services:
- Register your Irish limited Company – Complete our simple online form
- Provision of Company Secretary for your Irish Company – Request this service
- We can prepare and file online your company’s first Annual Return – Request this service
In dealing with various departments of the Companies Registration Office on a daily basis, we have the best contact details and procedures in place for seeking information from the Companies Registration Office regarding registration and post-registration matters.
Non-Filing/ Late Filing
In Ireland the Companies Registration Office has struck off many thousands of companies for non-filing or late filing of annual returns. We provide a company secretarial service to ensure that important statutory requirements are fulfilled.