Irish Company process
Your company will be incorporated by the Registrar of Companies after receiving the form A1 containing a declaration as follows:
- General nature of the activity and the appropriate NACE code classification
- Address in Ireland where the activity will be carried out
Timescale to Incorporate
Your Irish company will be incorporated within 2 weeks.
Select your Company Name
- Choosing your Company Name – Company names in Ireland must be distinctive and pre-approved for availability and acceptability
- Submit the name of your company to us – we will seek approval of the name from the Companies Registration Office
- The Companies Registration Office has an advanced electronic name reservation system and we can reserve your company name for up to 28 days
- You are not allowed to use a name which is identical or deceptively similar to a name that already appears on the company register
We will check on the availability of your proposed name at the Companies Registration Office and advise you of any potential conflicts with existing companies already on the register.
Select the number of shares each shareholder will have.
- The issued share capital requirement is from €100 unless otherwise instructed
- Share Capital of the company is expressed in € – Euro’s
- The Authorised Share Capital is the total number of shares that can be issued by your company. We will incorporate your new company with an authorised capital of €100,000 as this avoids the need for a special resolution and amended constitution should you wish to increase the issued share capital at a later stage .
Shareholders of the Company
- Your company only requires one shareholder, the maximum allowed is 149
- No restrictions on nationality or residency of shareholders
- Corporate bodies are permitted to be shareholders
Decide who will be the Company Directors.
- Single director companies are allowed
- At least one of the directors must be resident in the European Union
- Where there is no EU Resident Director the alternative of a Non Resident Director Bond can be provided
- A Company Secretary is required. A sole director cannot act as Company Secretary
We provide a Company Secretarial Service to ensure that important statutory requirements are fulfilled.
- Every company incorporated in Ireland should have a Company Secretary who will perform a variety of tasks crucial to the smooth running of your company
- A Company Secretary has the legal duty of filing all required documents and accounts
Irish Company Constitution
An Irish Limited company has the capacity to carry on and undertake any business or activity and has a single-document constitution without any need for an objects clause.
The companies principal activity is outlined in the documents we file at the Companies Registration Office and we submit the NACE code.
Irish Registered Office Address
Every Irish company must have a Registered Office in Ireland where registry notices, letters and reminders can be served on the company. We provide a Registered Office address service, this is the official address of your company.
Procedure to Incorporate
- We will complete a Company Name Check for the availability of your proposed company name.
- You can complete our online order form and make a secure payment online
- We will prepare your Constitution and the document for the appointment of directors, company secretary and shareholders and outline details of the registered office address, authorised and issued share capital and assign a NACE Code to represent your principal activity
- We email you the completed pre-registration and legal documents that will require your signatures
- These documents require signing by the directors, company secretary and shareholders
- We submit the documents with original signatures to the Companies Registration Office
- You will receive your electronic certificate of incorporation and documents to start trading
Irish Company Registers
All Irish companies must maintain a set of statutory registers; including the registers of shareholders, allotments and transfers of shares, register of directors, register of secretaries and register of charges.