Ireland Bank Account
Irish registered companies are required to have a business bank account but, this does not have to be in Ireland.
We can assist in opening business bank accounts for your Irish company once, we have incorporated it. We can liaise with the bank on your behalf throughout the application process.
To successfully open a corporate bank account in Ireland, every foreign investor should satisfy the policies of the bank by providing proof that assures the financial institution that they are legitimate. Once this requirement has been fulfilled, you will be approved to open a bank account in Ireland.
VAT registration in Ireland requires that you have an Irish bank account.
Bank of Ireland & AIB
The two major banks in Ireland are AIB and Bank of Ireland. Bank of Ireland and AIB both offer different business bank accounts and request to meet the company directors in person when the account is opened in Ireland. These Irish banks will also need to see copies of the Incorporation documents showing your company is registered with the Companies Registration Office.
The Bank of Ireland/ AIB due diligence requirements have to be fulfilled, and your company has to be approved to open a bank account in Ireland.
Documents required to open the account with Bank of Ireland/ AIB include:
- Two forms of ID, including a photo form such as a passport, for the individual opening the company bank account
- A valid bank mandate form, confirming that you have the authority to open an account on behalf of the company
- Signature samples for anyone with authority to use the account
- Proof of your business location – usually utility bills from the last quarter
- Irish company Certificate of Incorporation & Company Constitution
- Certificate of Business Name
- If you’re a new customer you may need to provide evidence of your banking history (recent statements) to prove you’re reliable and a good risk.
- Opening deposit
If you are not able to visit Ireland you might be able to visit a branch of the bank in your home country, if you choose a global banking brand
Remote Account Bank opening
Remote Bank accounts can be open an account under your registered business name.
Revolt are authorised by the FCA/ Bank of Lithuania as an E-money institution and provide an online bank account facility for Irish Companies. The company bank account is opened remotely through the revolt app.
Merchant Account Services
We can recommend a Merchant Service provider who provides a comprehensive and safe payment solution for your business.