Ireland VAT Registration
Once the company is incorporated and has a Registered Number and Registered Office, we then instruct a firm of accountants to assist you with VAT registration, bank account and other tax registrations
The Irish Revenue Commissioners will issue a VAT registration number to a company on being satisfied that the company is carrying on a taxable business in the State.
VAT registration also requires that you have a business bank account in the name of the company with a bank in Ireland.
We can register your company for Corporation Tax and PAYE/ PRSI. There is a joint registration for all taxes.
Registration for VAT requires a presence in Ireland, such as a physical address and a bank account. A registered office address will not suffice.
Turnover threshold for VAT Registration
A company established in Ireland is not required to register for VAT if its turnover does not reach the appropriate threshold however, they may opt to register for VAT if,
They are as follows:
- €37,500 – in the case of persons supplying services
- €37,500 – for persons supplying goods liable at the reduced rates which they have manufactured from zero rated materials
- €37,500 – for persons making mail-order or distance sales into Ireland
- €41,000 – for persons making intra-Community acquisitions
- €75,000 – for persons supplying goods
- €75,000 – for persons supplying both goods and services where 90% or more of the turnover is derived from supplies of goods
Procedure for VAT Registration
Once we have incorporated your Irish company and you have an Irish bank account in the company name, we register your company for VAT by completing your TR2 registration form which we then submit to the Irish Revenue Commissioners.