Ireland Tax Agent
In Ireland you must register for tax with Revenue when you start a new company or partnership.
As your Irish Tax Agent we will correspond with the Irish Revenue on your behalf with regards to Corporation Tax and VAT filings.
Irish Tax Agent fees
- Tax Agent for Irish limited Company – €720
- Apostilled (ROS) Tax Residency Certificate – €220
Additional fees are payable for specific services such as filing tax returns.
A Irish company must file a notice of its existence to the tax authorities within 3 months of incorporation and must file a Corporation Tax Return no later than 12 months after its year end. Should either of these dates be missed then penalties and interest become payable.
As your Tax Agent, we will prompt you, and ensure that your company files documents on time
Our Tax Agent Service
As the Tax Agent for your Irish company:
- We provide a tax preparation service to assist in filing returns and making a claim.
- Have access to your Revenue record
- Submit claims on your behalf
- Receive correspondence in relation to any claims submitted
Tax Advisor Identification Number (TAIN)
As a Tax Agent we have a TAIN – a Tax Agent Identification Number
As your Tax Agent we can:
- Talk to, and exchange information, with the Revenue Online Services.
- Send and receive letters, forms and returns about the company’s tax affairs
- File corporation tax returns and lodge accounts and tax computations on your behalf
- Receive copies of all letter and notices sent to you
- Obtain a tax residency certificate for any international or customs business.
- Assist you with an application to register for VAT
- ROS – authority to talk or to communicate with the tax authority on behalf of the tax payer
- Monitor the online tax account with ROS, and monitor your balance and obligations; and advise you of any deadlines due
- Appeals – ability to speak directly with experts in the case of an appeal and appeal against the assessment
Once appointed as your company’s tax agent, we can assist with the following services:
- Corporation Tax. We will assist and submit your company annual Corporation Tax return, organise payment/collection of the tax and take advantage of double tax agreements, to ensure that profits are not taxed twice.
- VAT and EU trade. VAT import one stop shop and VAT Mini One Stop Shop for Agents – use this service to account for VAT due in other Member States on a single return on behalf of your EU and non-EU business clients
- PRSI for Agents – for companies with Ireland-based employees or Irish resident directors
- VAT for Agents – for companies with a Ireland VAT account, who need to file VAT returns and returns such as an EC Sales List.
In the Ireland you must register your company for VAT if your VAT taxable turnover is more than € 75000 in a 12 month period.
Lower limits are in force if the company does not have a presence in Ireland but sells or offers services to consumers in Ireland
Registering for VAT
There are several very common situations which we can assist with:
- Where a company needs to register and to collect VAT in Ireland.
- Where a company wants to register for VAT in Ireland, because they have an Ireland company for European business
- Where a company spends money regularly in Ireland, and need a VAT number to get VAT reimbursed
- Submit VAT returns and change registration details
- Apply for refunds
Your company may need an EORI number to import and export goods from and to the European Union.
We can apply for an EORI number on your behalf
Registering for Ireland VAT – Overseas Clients
The simplicity and cost of Irish companies make them very attractive, however, getting a VAT number for general European business is more difficult.
Having a Tax Agent is usually a persuasive factor in allowing a company to obtain VAT registration. The ROS require evidence of trading or, that there is the intention to do business in the future and the factors that can be persuasive in your Irish company obtaining a VAT number:
- Suppliers or Customers in Ireland
- Having an Irish bank account
- Rental of premises
- Storage or manufacture of goods in Ireland
- Employment of Irish staff
- Appointment of an Irish Tax Agent
Voluntary VAT Registration
If you do not have an Ireland business establishment and are not resident here or in the case of a company incorporated here, you are a non-established taxable person but, you must still register for VAT in Ireland if you have taxable supplies in Ireland.
You may be entitled to register for VAT in Ireland voluntarily and claim back any input tax you have paid here if you have no Ireland business establishment, but make taxable supplies here.
Supply of Goods in Ireland
You may be making a supply of goods in Ireland if the goods have physically located here, you may be eligible for; and may be required to have a Irish VAT number, if goods are sold to consumers in Ireland, even if there is no management or control of your company in Ireland.
VAT – Visits by Officers
The VAT office may need to inspect your VAT records, this is to ensure that you have accounted for the correct amount of tax at the right time.
If you have a business establishment in Ireland, they normally visit you there. They will expect your books and trading records to be made available at this address. If you have appointed a tax agent, they will normally visit them.
ROS Certificate of Tax Residency
We can request a certified and signed ROS Certificate of Ireland Residency which is Apostilled at the Consular Section, Department of Foreign Affairs.
We can obtain the EORI Registration after the Irish VAT number is issued